D-020SB | Underground Air Valve
A specifically designed gear box operated horizontal sliding disc valve – situated at the base of the D-020 SB assembly – allows for the air valve disconnection and maintenance from ground level. This shut-off valve is equipped with a safety mechanism enabling
disconnection and removal of the D-020 air valve from its subsurface housing, even when the system is under pressure. Since service and maintenance operations of the unit are performed entirely from the surface, there is no need for safety considerations associated with confined space entry.
D-020 Combination Wastewater Air Valve:
- Working pressure range: 0.05 – 16 bar.
- Testing pressure: 25 bar.
- Maximum working temperature: 60° C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
- A combination air valve for wastewater, with a large air & vacuum orifice and a small air release orifice integrated into one body.
- The unique design of the valve prevents contact between the wastewater and the sealing mechanism by creating an air gap at the top of the valve.